Twitch is one of the most popular video streaming platforms for gamers. But most players might face problems while trying to activate their Twitch accounts via twitch.tv/ activate. Read on to find out how to stream videos on Twitch from Xbox or PS4.
How do you Create a Twitch account?
How do you make a Twitch Account on mobile?
- Open the Google Play Store or any other store (if you’re using an Android phone), or the Apple App Store (if it’s an iOS device).
- Search for the Twitch mobile app, and install it.
- Click on ‘Sign Up’.
- Use your email address or your phone number to sign up for Twitch.
- After you’ve clicked on the Sign-Up button, a twitch activate 6-digit code will be sent to your email ID or your phone number.
- Within 5 minutes, you need to enter that code on the Twitch mobile app.
- If the code doesn’t appear in 5 minutes, press the back arrow to go to the page where you’ve entered your email address or phone number.
- Click on ‘Resend code’.
How do you make a twitch account on PC?
- Go to twitch.tv.
- Select ‘Sign Up’.
- You can sign up for Twitch with your email address, username, password, and date of birth.
- Or, select ‘Connect with Facebook’ to sign up using your Facebook account.
- A registration wizard will give you instructions for opening your Twitch account. Follow these instructions.
How to activate twitch on your TV with twitch.tv/ Activate
- Visit the Activation Page on Twitch TV.
- Click on ‘Sign in’.
- On the dialogue box that appears, enter your username and your password.
- Press ‘Enter’.
- A blank field will then appear on the screen, where you have to enter your twitch activate 6 digit code.
- Hit ‘Enter’ again.
How to Activate Twitch on Xbox
Before using Twitch on your Xbox 360 or an Xbox One, you need to twitch activate xbox.
- Create a Twitch account.
- Open the store on your Xbox.
- Install the Twitch app.
- Tap ‘Log In’.
- Visit twitch.tv/ activate on your computer or your phone.
- A 6-digit code will appear on the screen. Enter that code in the Twitch app from your Xbox.
- Select ‘OK’.
Now, you can start streaming and watching video content on your Xbox easily.
How to stream on Twitch from xbox
- Install the Twitch app from the Xbox Store.
- Once the installation process is over, open the Twitch app on Xbox.
- Click on ‘Log In’.
- Next, go to twitch.tv/ activate on your mobile phone or your PC.
- For linking the Xbox Live gamer tag to your Twitch account, type the twitch activate 6 digit code that appears on your Xbox app.
- Go to Settings > Account > Privacy and Online Safety > Xbox Live Privacy > View Details and Customize > Online status & history > Others can see if you’re online.
- Select ‘Everybody’, so that your broadcast will be visible to everyone.
- From the 6th step on this list, visit Xbox Live Privacy> View Details and Customize> Game Content> You can broadcast gameplay and click on ‘Allow’.
- Again, following the above step, go to Xbox Live Privacy> View Details and Customize> Game Content> You can share content made using Kinect or other camera and click on ‘Allow’.
- Make sure that both your webcam and your microphone are enabled, or else your viewers won’t be able to hear or see you. You can even chat with them from your headset.
- Select a title for your broadcast.
- Click on ‘Start Broadcast!’
Tips for solving Twitch Streaming Issues on Xbox
- Check the network:- It’s better if you have a wired connection, instead of a wireless one.
- Privacy settings:- Ensure that your Adult Privacy settings are enabled, and then, sign in again. Sign out of any Child profile before you start broadcasting.
- Hard reset:- Try a hard reset in case your Xbox One or Xbox 360 locks up. Just keep pressing the power button on the console for 10 seconds straight. Next, remove the power for 30 seconds, and then start up the console again.
- No broadcast permission:- If you face any issues related to broadcast permission for your account, it might be due to the following reasons:-
- In your privacy settings, you haven’t turned on the broadcast option.
- Your parent or your guardian has disabled broadcasting for you because you’re a minor.
- Your account is banned from broadcasting videos.
Reset the Twitch stream key
- Go to your Dashboard.
- Click Preferences> Channel.
- At the top of the page, select ‘Reset’
Don’t reset your Twitch stream key more than once or twice, though. If you do, the Xbox will be locked up for 15 minutes.
- Check Twitch connections:- On the Twitch app, go to Settings> Connections. Ensure that the Xbox connection is there among all your Twitch connections.
How to Activate twitch on Ps4
If you want to link your Twitch account to your PS4 for watching or streaming games, you have to twitch activate ps4 first. Follow these steps:-
- Open the PlayStation Store on PS4.
- Search for ‘Twitch’, then select it to install the Twitch app.
- After the installation process has been completed, launch the app.
- Choose ‘Sign In’.
- On your PC or your mobile device, go to twitch.tv/ activate.
- A code will appear on your PS screen. Enter that 6-digit code in the Twitch app on your PS.
- Tap ‘OK’.
How Do you stream on Twitch from ps4?
- On your PS4, go to Settings> Account Management> Link with Other Services.
- Choose ‘Twitch’.
- Sign in to your Twitch account.
- Before you can start streaming on Twitch from PS4, set up two-factor authentication on your Twitch account.
- When you’re playing a game, click on the ‘Share’ button on the PS4 controller.
- Next, select ‘Broadcast Gameplay’ and choose ‘Twitch’.
Do you find the code for twitch activate not working? Fix it
- Get a new HDMI cable:- Using an old HDMI cable might be one of the reasons why your twitch.tv activate code isn’t being displayed. While using a media streaming device with an old HDMI cable, unplug the cable for around 30 seconds, and then plug it in again. If you still don’t see the code, you need to change your HDMI cable. In case you’re using Apple TV, visit Settings> Audio/ Video> TV Resolution. Next, click on ‘Auto’.
- Resend the 6-digit activation code to your device:- To resend the twitch activate code to your device, go to Menu Bar> Twitch> Activation. You’ll find an activation code on the screen. Use this code to activate Twitch based on the type of device that you’re using.
- Turn off Dark Mode:- If you have switched to Dark Mode recently, or you have turned your TV or monitor’s resolution low, you might not be able to view the twitch/ activate code even if it’s displayed on your screen. This is because the code might be displayed in a darker colour than usual. You need to improve the brightness of your monitor or TV, or turn off Dark Mode to be able to see the code.
From the above information, you can see that activating Twitch via twitch.tv/ activate is not that difficult. Even streaming video content on twitch from your PS4 or Xbox one is a matter of minutes. In fact, it promises an exciting experience!