The Sims 4 system requirements were introduced a few months back, and they weren’t so difficult to follow. However, people might face a few issues, especially while using an old PC.
Sims 4 Minimum Requirements
The Sims 4 laptop requirements do not include expansion packs. They are as follows
- A 64-bit operating system is required along with Sims 4 Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
- A 1.8 GB Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent processor is vital. If your computer uses built-in graphics chipsets, a 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or a similar processor is needed.
- No less than 4 GB RAM is necessary.
- Your hard drive should have free space of at least 15 GB, as well as an extra 1 GB space for cc and saved games.
- DVD-ROM drive is essential to install from a disc.
- For the Graphics card (video), a video RAM of 128 MB and support for Pixel Shader 3.0 must be there.
- In case of Sims 4 Supported Graphics cards, NVIDIA GeForce 6600, ATI Radeon X1300, Intel GMAX4500 or better version of these are required.
- The DirectX version 9.0, 10 and 11 are the ones compatible with it.
- A mouse and keyboard input.
- A stable internet connection is necessary for game activation and updates regarding it.
- The Vertex Shader and Sound card also need to be present.
Sims 4 recommended specs
The Sims 4 requirements that are recommended are –
- An operating system with 64-bit Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 is crucial.
- Either the Intel Core i5 or the AMD Athlon X4 processor is essential.
- 4 GB RAM should be there.
- No less than 18 GB of free space is needed in the hard drive.
- The installation from a disc is possible only through DVD-ROM drive.
- The Graphics card (video) requires the NVIDIA GTX 650 or a better version.
- DirectX 9.0c is consistent with the Sims 4 pc requirements.
- A keyboard and mouse as input is vital.
- Internet connection should be reliable for game updates, and it’s activation.
- In this, a Pixel Shader 5.0 and Vertex Shader 5.0 are salient features.
- A video RAM of 1024 MB is recommended.
Sims 4 Specs
One question that might pop up is, ‘whether my PC meets these requirements?’ to know this, all you need to do is –
- Click on ‘This PC’ and select properties. For those using Windows 10, search ‘This PC’ and click on it in the search results.
- A window would show you all the details regarding your processor, operating system and RAM.
- You’d find a menu on the left, choose Device Manager there.
- An icon (>) would appear beside Display Adapters, click on it.
- It would lead you to your graphics card data. One or two such cards will be a part of the list if you have them.
Sims 4 Mac Requirements
Your sims 4 mac requirements for the base game, without the inclusion of expansions, are –
- A metal Mac OS version, macOS X 10.11 (El Capitan) is vital.
- An Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz processor or a better variety is a must.
- A minimum of 4 GB memory (RAM) is necessary.
- There should be at least 15 GB free space in the hard drive in addition to 1 GB space for saved games and custom content.
- For the Graphics video card, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or a superior one is needed. The Video RAM should be of 256 MB or more.
- Keyboard and mouse input is also necessary.
- For efficient activation of the game, a steady internet connection is essential.
- MacOS X 10.11 or a later version is cardinal.
- The processor should either be Intel Core i5 or a better one.
- 8 GB memory (RAM) should be there.
- 18 GB of free space or more is must in the hard drive.
- The Graphics card video needs NVIDIA GTX 650 or superior quality.
- Input would include a mouse and keyboard.
- Internet connection should be reliable to carry out activation.
To verify if your Mac fulfils these Sims 4 computer requirements, use ‘About This Mac’.
Sims 4 laptop Requirements
If you are using a laptop during playing, run it in laptop mode. It would provide you with better graphics, and the game would run more efficiently along with extended battery life.
To set it up, the steps are –
- Click on the icon ‘…’ in the game.
- Select game options.
- Look for the laptop mode option to enable it. For disabling this option, uncheck the box.
The Sims 4 system requirements are an essential thing to look out for, although they are set at a low bar. All these specifications make your experience of playing even more exciting. The next thing on your stop should be Sims 3 mods folder.