Modifications are an essential part while playing. Adding new modules to your Sims 3 mods folder gives a different look to the game as new content is introduced.
How to install Sims 3 and package files
In this way, you can add modifications into your game –
- Close the game – Your game needs to be closed to add modules since it wouldn’t work if it is running simultaneously. Therefore, close your game after saving it.
- Open Windows Explorer or Finder – Click on the icon that looks like a folder with a blue clip in Windows Explorer. On the other hand, use Finder on Mac, wherein a symbol of a blue and white smiley face would be present at the screen’s bottom.
How to mod the Sims 3
To go to the Sims 3 documents folder,
- Click on the left sidebar documents.
- Enter the Electronic Arts folder.
- Open the Sims 3 mods folder.
You can make additions and configurations to permit modules and download custom content for Sims 3 here.
How to download Sims 3 mods
Navigate to the webpage,You’d find a download link in this to install cc and mods.
- Click download – You’d see an option to download beside a blue icon with a disk. It’d install the FrameworkSetup.zip file.
- Extract the zip file contents into the Folder – A program such as Winzip, WinRAR or 7-zip should be used take out the materials from the zip file. When asked where to shift the content to, choose The Sims 3 folder.
Necessary frameworks such as a folder named Overrides, Packages, and Resource.cfg would be in the FrameworkSetup file. The Packages folder contains two files (nobuildsparkles.package and nointro.package), which would allow you to check if the mods would work. When you start your game, and no intro or sparkles animation comes up while putting walls or fences, they work perfectly.
Some Antivirus software programs might pop up due to the mod the sims resource.cfg file, but it is not a malware, so no worries. This file is essential and safe to install modifications.
If you’re wondering that ‘can I activate my sims 3 mods from program files?’ the answer is you can’t. In previous versions (before World Adventures and its patch), mods and content were placed in Program Files Directory, but it is no longer supported. Also, don’t use Monkey Bars or Helper Monkey to install content.
- Check compatibility with the latest version – Make sure that you download the module for Sims 3 and not Sims 4. Also, verify if they are in sync with the new version of the game. Modthesim.info is a reliable website to download modifications.
In the upper left-hand corner, click on ‘Sims 3’ and then select ‘Downloads.’
- Retrieve mod from compressed file – Modules are usually saved in .rar or .zip files. To open these, use Winzip, WinRAR or 7-zip.
- Shift the Sims 3 package files to the package folder – Extract the documents into The Sims 3 documents folder. You can find it as follows: Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Mods > Packages.
Install one mod at a time, especially if they are core modules since it changes the primary method of how the whole thing runs. Two mods might be incompatible with each other, so it would be difficult to determine the cause if they are installed simultaneously.
- Re-start the game – To know ‘how to activate Sims 3 mods already downloaded,’ start your game and test the functions. For example, a de-censoring mod means that no mosaic would be shown when your sim goes to take a bath. If it doesn’t work, your mod might not be compatible with the patch level or downloaded in the wrong place.
You’d encounter bugs and other problems if the modules don’t function properly.
- Manage your content – For smooth functioning, organize your modifications into different folders to know which one causes an issue. To do so,
- Go-to packages folder.
- Right-click in the blank space.
- Click ‘New’ and then choose ‘Folder.’
- Enter a name for the folder.
The steps to find the right modules are as follows,
- Find mods suitable to your patch level – Modules can create various issues, so choose them wisely. Proper functioning modifications can be found on the NRaas website, AwesomeMod, Mod The Sims, TheSimsResource.com, and content blogs such as My Sims 3 Blog. Choose the one appropriate for your patch level.
- Establish modules that help you debug the game – If things go haywire while playing, build-in commands might not always fix them. There are core mods that can help you out, but they would create an issue if eliminated while in use later on.
NRaas Overwatch, MasterController, and ErrorTrap specifically catch errors and defaults.
- Look for other moderations – Even if not core moderations, some of them do the same task and give you access to various features such as viewing hidden traits and skills.
- Update moderations if you patch your game – Ensure that you upgrade all your modules after revamping certain things or installing an expansion pack. Old patches can lead to bugs or corruption.
The Sims 3 mods folder is a beneficial aspect since moderations amp up your experience of playing. If you stick to all the directions accurately, you won’t face any issue. There’s still a lot left for you to know about, so get to it by understanding the system requirements.