Roommates can be such a fun addition in real life and in the game as well because it offers a much needed companionship, and you could also earn a little side money.
The Sims 4 Roommate mod is a new storyline that allows your characters to add a roommate to their house who’d pay rent for the same. It’s an exciting gameplay opportunity, and this article will cover everything you need to know about this mod and why it is worth downloading.
How Do You Use Roommates Mods In Sims 4?
Now, you can have up to 20 roommates in your character’s household, and you can choose anyone, even a pet, as their roomie. Follow the steps below to learn how to get a roommate in Sims 4; it’s pretty simple.
- Go to your avatar’s phone or computer and select “LMS Roommates Service.”
- Only those characters who are homeless would appear on a list.
- If you decide to add a pet or a toddler as a roommate, you’d have to allow their owners to come along with them as well.
Every Friday, your roommate would pay $500, and they will have a separate life from you, so if they are school going students or if they go to work, then they’ll continue doing so. If you get a young adult sim as a roomie, then they’ll choose their career on their own.
However, you do have to keep track of your roommate whenever they leave the lot because they might not return on their own. To do so, they can call them home via their phone. There’s a way to avoid this by adding the Roommate Lot Trait to your Home Lot itself. So now, your roomies would return on their own from work or school.
As I mentioned earlier, your roommates would have their own life, so they can even get pregnant. You’ll be informed about this through a notification, along with who the father of the baby is. Even though those characters are your roommates, the game still considers them homeless, so they can’t give birth while being your character’s roommate. You’d have to eliminate their Roommate Agreement, and then you can add them to your lot or shift them to a different lot.
Your character can also go out to clubs or anywhere with their roommate, and once they return, they’ll go back to their roommate situation.
Roommate Mod Interactions
There are several interactions that your roommate can carry out. The pie menu will display a “Roommate” option when you add a new member as a roomie. So let’s take a look at these interactions.
- Go and use the toilet before you pee yourself – This would ensure that they use the bathroom.
- You stink. Please go and take a shower – It’ll encourage them to take a bath or shower.
- It is late already. You should go to sleep – This would make them go to sleep.
- Can you go and repair the broken Items please? – It’ll boost them to repair things.
- You are on cleaning duty! – This would make them clean up.
- Assign Bed to Roommate – When a roommate arrives, you can choose which bed they will sleep on.
- Open Door for Roommate – If the door’s locked, then this interaction would appear.
- There are several interactions for Pet Roommates, such as pet bowls, pet beds, call over pets home).
- Call Roommate Home – It’ll help you call your roommate to return home.
- Cancel Roommate Agreement
There’s a hide interactions option as well, which changes the lot trait to a lot challenge. As a lot trait, you can only choose any three attributes, but there are several lot challenges that you can add.
How to Cancel Roommate Agreement
Suppose you don’t want a particular roommate anymore. In that case, you can cancel the agreement with them by going to the Household Menu on the Phone or by going to the TargetSim Menu and then selecting the “Cancel Roommate Agreement” option.
Issues with This Mod
There’s only one issue with this roommate mod, which is that MCCC puts homeless sims into home lots by default, ending the entire purpose of this mod. Therefore, it’s better to favorite or flag those characters so that the game doesn’t remove them from the homeless situation.
If such a situation does happen, then you can reload a previously saved game, and change the settings, so that none of the mods can move homeless sims to other houses. Another thing that you can try is to cancel your agreement with the roommate, thus, making them homeless again, and then add them back as your roommate from the LMS Roommate List. It’s a loophole of sorts.
Yes, you can have roommates in the game who’d help you earn side money and would also come along with several new interactions and features for you to explore.
You can’t force someone to be your roommate. You’d have to post an advertisement, and only then can you ask your friends, acquaintances, or strangers to become roommates with you.
Yes, roommates do pay rent to help out with household funds, such as bills, etc. However, the rent depends on the number of roommates you have. You can add 20 roommates maximum.
Now that you know everything about Sims 4 roommate mod, I think it’s time for you to get a roommate for your gaming character as well because it’s an excellent addition to the game, which offers several new features and storylines that improve your gameplay significantly. Also, a little extra money doesn’t hurt anyone. So give it a thought.