The following article would talk about the Sims 4 Reshade and its presets. The mod focuses on the color coordination and depth buffers you would face during the game. It would also tell you about how to download and install the mod.
The mod’s tutorial in the article would help you with the mod as it makes you learn how to apply the mod in the game. It would also teach you how to install the mod and its presets. There are some frequently asked questions below which tells you about the points to remember while installing the mod. Stick till the end to learn more about it.
About Sims 4 Reshade
The Sims 4 Reshade is a general post-processing injector for video games and similar software, which is formally developed by Crosire. Reshade in Sims 4 has many automatic and standard updated features like colour correction and depth information. The depth information is usually switched off while the multiplayer mode is on.
This includes shading language and transcompiler, which is known as Reshade FX. You could take the textures from the shader code, apply them, and change the color codes. You can also recover those color and depth information, plus add the custom variations like timers and critical states.
How To Download The Sims 4 Reshade?
Before downloading this mod, know that you need to use preset files (*.ini) which can be built by the user interface of the mod to share your composition. All the presets are placed automatically in the game directory by the mod (both *.ini and*.txt).
The preset improve the game as it adds contrast to the light level of the game. They also add the feel to the gameplay. These presets could add bright or straightforward colors to the game, which makes the game either calmer or cartoony.
Now, download the mod from https://reshade.me
Tutorial For The Sims 4 Reshade:
Following would be some steps which will guide you through the way of the Sims 4 Reshade.
- Click on to the Reshade guide, which are usually shift+f2.
- Guide your way towards the Settings tab.
- You must find the line, i.e., RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED in the “Preprocessor definition” box.
- If the depth information is already set to 1, then change it to 0 because it means the buffer is reversed.
- Make your way back towards the Home tab.
- Click the button “Reload” at the bottom of the screen and wait until the shaders start recompiling.
- Now, the depth-based effects start working as expected.
If the depth buffer related problems are occurring, that means you do not have previous .ini files in your folders. You probably need to install everything from the clean bin with no old data.
How To Install The Sims 4 Reshade?
The following would be the steps to install the Reshade mod. They are:
- Download the mod from https://reshade.me/h
- Click on the Installer and open it. Then right-click on the Installer and run the application as administrator.
- You must click on the “Select game”, which is usually found from C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin and click on the .exe file, which depends on the size of the game version you choose like 32 or 64 bits.
- Choose “Direct3D 9”. Then it would ask a question, which is “If you wish to download a collection of standard effects from their Github” then click on YES. This point would let the other’s presets work appropriately for you.
- Please select all the options when it would ask you to choose files you want to install.
- The mod is now installed. Close the Installer.
How To Install The Sims 4 Reshade Presets?
As mentioned above, presets improvises the game to a next level as it takes care of the color tones and manages the game’s light either bright or warmer. Some of the steps to download the presets are as follows:
- Download the this preset by whiisker
- Showing the downloading of the above preset for presenting how to install the presets. You could do it with other presets as well.
- Next, UnZip the file and make the preset (.ini) move in the Bin folder, which is usually found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin.
- Start the Sims 4 game. It might be a bit slower, but it would be better after a while.
- Now, to start the Reshade into the game. Press shift+f2 and also follow the tutorials carefully.
- Switch on the “Performance mode”, which is placed in Settings. You can also use Configuration mode when you want to change the settings.
- To start the preset, you have already downloaded then go to the Home tab and choose the downloaded preset.
- Then take a screenshot by pressing, Print Screen and not C.
Faqs Related To Sims 4 Reshade:
The Sims 4 Reshade is not showing up in the game even after installing and downloading. What are the main things to keep in mind while installing the mod?
Firstly, make sure you’re installing the Sims 4 Reshade in PCs and not in Mac as it isn’t responsive in it. Secondly, if you don’t get the banner at the top, then its an installation error. Thirdly, you must have reshade-shaders (folder) and d3d9.dll in your Bin folder.
What are the custom contents available in the presets?
Kijiko’s will be below all the healthy skin tones, then in face details (click face > face icon > freckles icon) you add an overlay on top.
HAIR Retextures by RedHeadSims (you download retexture + original mesh linked)