Sometimes, while playing The Sims 4, you’ll find that the sims 4 sims won’t move. When that happens, you need to make the sims 4 reset sim. As soon as you do so, you can continue playing around with it, but its needs won’t be cancelled. All the wishes and moodlets will be, though. Read on to know how you can follow these methods so that you go on playing without any trouble whatsoever!
How to Reset Sim in Sims 4 with cheats
You might notice the sims 4 action stuck in queue. In that case, you need to reset sim sims 4 using the following cheats:-
Cheat method 1
- Hit Ctrl+ Shift+ C. This will open the Cheat Console menu.
- Type in ‘testingcheats true’ in the blank field.
- Hold the Shift key and click on any part of the lot of the game characters.
- A ‘Teleport Here’ option will pop up. Select that option to make sims 4 reset sim.
The stuck character will be reset and teleported to the location which you’ve chosen.
Cheat method 2
- Open the Cheat Console window by holding Ctrl+ Shift+ C.
- Type ‘resetSim FirstName LastName’ in the blank field. Use the first and last names of the Sim that’s stuck. For example, if your character’s name is Zerelda Maximoff, type in ‘resetSim Zerelda Maximoff’.
- Hit ‘Enter’.
- To reset all the Sims in the game, type ‘resetSim *’. But this command might not reset all stuck characters. You might even receive an error saying ‘Sim not found’.
The character that was stuck will be automatically shifted to a random part of your Sims’ lot.
Use the sims 4 Reset Object debug
Sims aren’t the only things that can get stuck in the game_ objects do, too. Follow these steps to solve the problem:-
- Press Ctrl+ Shift+ C to open up the Cheat Console window.
- Type in ‘testingcheats true’.
- Hover your mouse over the game character or object that needs resetting.
- Hold the Shift key while clicking on that object or character.
- You’ll see a small menu appear with the ‘Reset Object (Debug)’ option. Select that option.
Doing this will make the sims 4 reset object automatically.
Sims 4 Sim Stuck again? More ways to fix it
You’ve tried all the above options, but you still see your sims 4 sims not moving. In that case, use these 2 methods:-
The ‘Manage World’ option:-
- At the top-right corner of your screen, open the ‘Manage World’ menu.
- Tap the ‘Manage Household’ option.
- Choose the household to which you wish to move your game characters.
- Select the truck at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
This will move your game characters out of their old household and into a new lot.
The Lot method:-
- Open the Lot menu.
- Choose a different lot from the one your game characters are on, at present.
- Select every sims 4 stuck sim.
- Click on the option to teleport them to the other lot which you’ve selected for them.
- Tap ‘OK’.
This will transfer the selected characters in the game to the new lot.
How to Reset a sim in Sims 3
If you’re playing The Sims 3, you might be facing the same problem as with The Sims 4. Read on to find out how you can solve this problem.
Reset a Particular Sim:-
This method is exactly the same as the Cheat Method 2 you have to use. Follow the instructions given above in Cheat Method 2 to return a single game character to a playable state in the game.
Reset an Entire lot
- Select the ‘Edit Town’ mode.
- Select the lot which you wish to reset.
- Go to Buy Mode or Build Mode. This will transfer all the Sims from the selected lot to their home.
- Alternatively, click on the lot after getting the MasterController Mod created by Twallan.
- Select the option ‘NRaas_ Master Controller_ Reset Lot’.
Sims 3 Reset Sim: With or without mods
In The Sims 3, you can reset game characters with the help of mods. But you can also do so without their help. Follow these steps to reset the whole neighbourhood in this game.
With a mod:-
- Download and install the MasterController Mod by Twallan.
- Click on a Computer or the City Hall.
- Select the ‘NRaas_ MasterController_Town_Reset Everything’ option.
This mod can be used to reset not only every game character in town, but also all objects.
Without any mods:-
This method is also the same as the exact alternative method for Cheat Method 2 above for sims 4 reset sim.
- Hold Ctrl+ Shift+ C.
- When the Cheats window appears, type in ‘resetSim *’.
You can’t use this method to reset objects when you’re playing The Sims 3. It will shift all the Sims to a random area on their home lot. Keep in mind that using this method will cancel all the moodlets and wishes of your game characters.
From the methods listed above, you can see that making sims 4 reset sim isn’t much of a difficult task. But you know that doing so cancels its moodlets and wishes. So, every time you do this, you need to check again whether they have to complete particular actions or not to get back their previous moodlet. This whole setup to reset sim sims 4 makes you feel like you’re totally in control of the game!
There are other issues that you might face while playing, some of them are mentioned in the broken mods.