If you work on video rendering software, games, and other graphic-intensive applications, you’ll know that the use of your graphics card, like NVIDIA Graphics card, constantly needs to be controlled and supervised. But what do you do when you find the nvidia control panel missing?
Keep in mind that this software won’t work on your PC unless it has got the NVIDIA Graphics Card attached. But there may be times when the software is not visible or can’t be found in the Windows Control Panel or on the desktop context menu.
To solve this issue, keep reading!
What is NVIDIA Control Panel?
This panel lets you have the ultimate control over your PC’s graphics driver settings under NVIDIA. You can also control other parameters related to NVIDIA, that might be installed on your PC.
How to Open NVIDIA Control Panel
- Right-click the Windows icon on the desktop of your PC.
- From the context menu, click on the ‘NVIDIA Control Panel’ option.
- Alternatively, click on ‘Control Panel’ from the Start menu, and then double-click the panel icon of NVIDIA in the Control Panel window.
- Or, you can go to Control Panel> Additional Options> NVIDIA Control Panel.
NVIDIA Control Panel not opening? Unhide it
Sometimes, you might find that there’s a problem with the software, or that you are not able to see it. The first option you should go with is unhiding this panel. Follow these steps to do so:-
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu, or via the ‘Run’ box and press ‘Enter’.
- In the ‘All Control Panel Items’ window, select ‘Large icons’ beside ‘View by’.
- Select the ‘NVIDIA Control Panel’ option.
- In this Panel window, click on the ‘Desktop’ tab.
- A dropdown menu will then appear. Click on ‘Add Desktop Context Menu’.
- Check whether you can see the panel in the Desktop context menu on your PC.
If This software has Suddenly Disappeared, use NVIDIA Support
When you can’t find the software anywhere on your PC even after unhiding it, do as follows:-
- Open ‘My Computer’ on your PC.
- Go to Program Files or Program Files (x86)> NVIDIA Corporation> Display.NvContainer.
- Right-click on the ‘Display.NvContainer’ file.
- From the dropdown menu, choose the ‘Copy’ option.
- Open the ’Run’ box by pressing the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard.
- Type in ‘shell:startup’.
- Hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- Right-click in the Startup Folder to paste the Display.NvContainer file that you just copied.
- Right-click this pasted file.
- Click on the ‘Properties’ option.
- Select the ‘Compatibility’ tab in the Properties window.
- Check the box beside ‘Run this program as an administrator’, under ‘Application’ in the Compatibility Mode.
- Click ‘OK’.
The software missing options Available
There might be an issue when you find the nvidia control panel not installed. Use the methods below to solve this issue:-
Reinstall NVIDIA Graphics Driver
- On your keyboard, press the Windows and the X keys together. A list will appear on the screen.
- Select ‘Device Manager’ from this list.
- Device Manager will show a list of drivers on your PC. Select the ‘Display adapters’ option.
- Right-click on the NVIDIA graphics card driver.
- From the dropdown menu, click on the option called ‘Uninstall device’.
- From the official Download Drivers webpage for NVIDIA, download the latest driver and install it on your PC.
Restart NVIDIA Display Driver service
- Open the Run box by pressing the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard.
- In the Run dialog box, type in ‘services.msc’.
- Hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- Find services that are related to NVIDIA on the Services page.
- Right-click each of these NVIDIA services.
- Select the ‘Restart’ option from the dropdown menu when you right-click each service.
- Right-click a service and click on the ‘Start’ option if this specific service is not running already.
NVIDIA Control Panel Missing Windows 10
If none of the above methods work, use any of these two methods:-
Update NVIDIA Graphics Driver
- Open the Win + X menu by pressing the Windows + X keys.
- Select the option ‘Device Manager’ from the menu.
- Click on the ‘Display Adapters’ option in ‘Device Manager’.
- The NVIDIA graphics card driver will be shown on the screen. Right-click this driver.
- From the dropdown menu, select ‘Update driver’.
- This will open a new ‘Update Drivers’ window. Click on the option called ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’.
If a driver update is available, following these steps will let the update be installed automatically. You’ll also get informed if there’s no update available.
Reinstall the app from the Windows Store
- Click on the Start button.
- Select the ‘Settings’ option from the Start menu.
- On the ‘Windows Settings’ page, click on ‘Apps’.
- From the menu on the left, select ‘Apps & Features’.
- In the Search box, type the name of the panel, starting with ‘NVIDIA’.
- Uninstall the panel app.
- From the Windows Store, reinstall the app.
GeForce Control Panel missing? Launch it manually
After using all the above methods, if you still feel can’t spot the software, you will still be left with one last option_ manually launching the panel. Do the following in this case:-
- Open ‘My Computer’ on your PC.
- Go to C: Drive> Program Files> NVIDIA Corporation.
- Alternatively, open the Program Files (x86) folder.
- Double-click on the ‘Control Panel Client’ in the NVIDIA Corporation folder to open it.
- In the ‘Panel Client’ window, you’ll see a file named ‘nvcplui’. Right-click on this file.
- Select the option called ‘Run as administrator’.