The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure is an add-on that lets your Sims discover a whole new culture and set out on an adventure into the mysterious wild.
With jungle obstacles, treasures, and cursed relics, this game pack is for those who are curious enough to venture into the unknown.
Learn the customs and other cultural traditions in a far-off land, including a few dance moves that would wow others back at home.
Try the local delicacies, and go on multiple vacations to the jungle_ who knows, you might stumble onto an Omiscan Gold Calendar Plate, or even a Jeweled Gold Pereraca?
Can’t wait any longer? Dive into this guide!
What can you do in Sims 4 jungle adventure?
Travel to Selvadorada
Selvadorada is a new place in the world of The Sims 4, where you can make your Sims dance to Latin and Latin Pop music and try the local dishes. They can also buy authentic decoration items, apart from learning and practicing native customs and traditions. At Selvadorada, you can dress your Sims in durable and colorful clothes, after local fashion, which they’ll wear while exploring the jungle.
Buy essential supplies
Essential jungle supplies include not only food, like harvested fruits and sack lunches, but also tents where your Sim can sleep in the jungle. In the marketplace in Selvadorada, you can buy these items from the stands near the bar. To buy these essentials, just click individually on each of the items you want to purchase. You might want to buy a machete, too_ it will help you get out of tight spots later on.
Other supplies that you should buy are Fire Foam, so that your Sim doesn’t die in a fire; Waterfall in a Bottle, to prevent hygiene issues from making your Sim feel uncomfortable; and Antidotes, that can save your Sim’s life.
Venture deep into the jungle
When your Sim hikes deep into the jungle, be prepared for danger ahead! The jungle is full of poisonous spiders, dangerous bees, bats, and other natural obstacles, which can attack your Sim at random. So, it’d be better if you bought a repellent from a Sim shopkeeper in the marketplace before trekking into the jungle. This will also let them gain a happy moodlet and retain that for a longer time than usual.
Collect ancient artifacts in dig sites
From mysterious and cursed relics to ancient artifacts, your Sim can excavate these valuable objects and treasure in the jungle. You might find treasure chests hidden in plain sight, containing a Skull Diamond Gold Perereca or other treasures. The Sims can also examine these objects at the archaeology table to determine whether they’re fakes or not. Sometimes, you might dig up bone dust, but don’t get frustrated! This bone dust can save a Sim’s life in case he or she is poisoned. Just give the dust to a local vendor, and you’ll get the antidote.
Go through Bramble-covered Gateways to Secret Places
These gateways lead you to secret places like the hidden Omiscan Royal Baths, where your Sim can swim to get more energy. You can also make your Sim go through these gateways so that you get a popup asking you to choose your own adventure. Apart from escaping danger, you can also use your purchased supplies to help animals.
Discover a hidden Omiscan Temple
You have to go deeper and deeper into the jungle to get to the hidden temple. Move your camera around to find clues that might show you the way. It might take a long time to find the temple, as it’s placed at a random location. Once you reach the temple, you might have to go through locked gates or bramble-covered gateways.
System requirements On PC
- 64 Bit Windows 10, 8.1, 8, or 7 (SP1).
- AMD Athlon X4 processor or at least Intel core i5.
- Minimum 4 GB RAM.
- Hard Drive space of at least 18 GB.
- At least the NVIDIA GTX 650 video card is recommended.
System requirements On Mac OS
- Mac OS X 10.7.5 (Lion), Mac OS X 10.9 or later.
- If not the Intel core i5 processor, then at least Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz.
- Minimum 4 GB RAM, but 8 GB RAM is recommended.
- Hard Drive space of 18 GB.
- The NVIDIA GTX 650 video card or better.
- At least 256 MB of video RAM.
Where is the Jungle of Selvadorada?
Click your Sim’s phone or a computer to get an interaction called ‘Take a Vacation’.
After selecting this interaction, you can choose how many Sims will go on this vacation to Selvadorada, where you’ll be staying, and for how many days.
Once in Selvadorada, head towards Belomisia Trailhead in the west.
Next, look for places which are covered over with brambles. You’ll enter the jungle then.
What skills do you need for jungle adventure?
- Archaeology:- This skill will help your Sim when he or she runs into obstacles. It lets you discover ancient artifacts like the Painted Cetlcitli Statue and examine precious objects more thoroughly. If you level up this skill, it’ll open up new interactions at the archaeology table, like refining crystals.
- Fishing:- Get an advantage when the Sim faces any obstacles in his or her path.
- Handiness:- Examine the Skeleton obstacles, especially in the jungle temple.
- Fitness:- Examine the pillar and temple traps in greater details.
- Charisma:- You’ll need a high level of this skill to be able to successfully talk to totems.
- Logic:- Easily pass through 3 blocks of pillars with a high logic skill level.
- Gardening:- A higher level of Gardening skill is needed if you don’t want your Sim’s hands to get hurt while clearing vines and obstacles blocking his or her path.
- Selvadoradian Culture:- As soon as your Sim reaches level 4 in this skill, you’ll find a new interaction on the radio, called ‘Dance the Rumbasim’. A level 3 in the culture skill and a 7th level in the Guitar Skill will let the Sim play Latin Guitar songs like ‘El Jaguar Solitario’ and ‘Greetings From The Jungle’. When you reach the maximum level, i.e. level 5, in this skill, you’ll get a secret menu at the food stalls outside the Cantina.
How to unlock sims 4 jungle adventure locked gates
When your Sim ventures into the Selvadoradian Jungle, he/ she might run into some locked gates. These don’t seem to open, but there are some ways in which you can unlock these doors:-
- Make your Sim visit the jungle 4-5 times during the same vacation.
- Try sending different Sims into the jungle for 3-4 times each.
- Make the Sims go on a vacation to the jungle 3-4 times.
- Repair the game and try unlocking the doors again.
- Temporarily disable your mods and enable them again one by one to find out if any of those is causing the problem.
Sims 4 jungle adventure cheats
Follow these steps to activate cheat codes in the sims 4 jungle adventure:-
- Press Ctrl+ Shift+ C on your PC to open the Cheat Console. If you’re on Mac OS, press Command+ Shift+ C.
- In the cheat window, type ‘testingcheats true’.
- Hit the ‘Enter’ key.
Now, in this cheat console, you can enter any of the cheat codes given below.
Manipulate your Sim’s character traits
- traits.equip_trait Trait_Archaeology:- It adds to your Sim the character trait of museum or archaeology Patron.
- traits.equip_trait Trait_JungleExplorer:- It makes your Sim a treasure hunter by adding the character traits of jungle explorer.
Manipulate your Sim’s skills
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Archaeology XX:- It makes you choose a value between 1 and 10, so that you can change your Archaeology skill level.
- stats.set_skill_level Minor_LocalCulture X:- It lets you select a value between 1 and 5, if you want to change the level of your Selvadoradian Culture skill.
Kill the Sim
- sims.add_buff curses_MarkedForDeath_Common:- This will let you predict your Sim’s death by electrocution. After you activate this cheat code, the marked Sim will be electrocuted when it tries repairing any electrical appliance.
- sims.add_buff curses_MarkedForDeath_Rare:- Activate this cheat code to make the Sim go through excruciating pain that will kill him/ her off. Three days later, the Sim will succumb to poisoning.
- traits.equip_trait poison:- If you poison the Sim, this cheat code will kill him/ her immediately.
- sims.add_buff curses_MarkedForDeath_Uncommon:- This is a curse that will make your Sim burn in fire from time to time.
How much is Jungle Adventure Sims 4?
The sims 4 jungle adventure price is listed at $19.99 on Amazon.
You can also get it on Origin at discounted prices.
Sims 4 jungle adventure download
First of all, you need to already own The Sims 4 and all the latest updates for playing this edition. After downloading this game pack, it will appear as an .exe file in your Documents on your PC.
Next, double-click the file, and click on the ‘Run’ option. Follow the installation instructions as they appear on the screen.
Once the game’s installed, start it and begin playing.
With adequate essential supplies like tents, you might find the sims 4 jungle adventure to be easier than you thought it’d be.
Use the above cheat codes when necessary, to create your own adventure story in the game.
All these features like finding treasures and getting bit by poisonous spiders make you feel like you’re in a Tomb Raider movie!