Modifications change the whole outlook of the game and the way it functions. Those who cannot afford expansion packs, modules are the way to go, since they don’t cost anything. Therefore it is necessary to know how to add mods to Sims 4.
Table of Contents
How to download Sims 4 Mods
The content that is downloaded would be in compressed files such as ZIP or RAR. Zip files can be used on Windows, but for any other one, you’d need WinRAR.
The steps to download it is as follows –
- Press Windows key+R
- Input- \Users\%username%\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.
- A modification folder would appear. If not, create a new folder.
- Extricate the downloaded content into the modules file. They can also be stored in sub-folders, but it is better not to go deeper than one level. Try to keep each module in different files.
- Most of such files would end with .package. Although some might be different as well such as .ts4.script, .bpi, .blueprint or .trayitem files. If you come across images or .txt docs, discard them.
How to install Sims 4 mods
To understand how and where to install Sims 4 mods, here are the steps to do so –
- Highlight the .package files in the folder.
- Right-click on them and click on ‘cut.’
- Move to your modifications dossier.
- Navigate to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods
- Right-click in the blank space and select ‘Paste.’
You have successfully installed the modules.
How to put mods in Sims 4
In this, you’d get to see how to install lot Sims 4. Lots refers to any house or place you can visit. The steps are the same as mentioned above, except the files would be stored in a different location.
- Follow the instructions of ‘how to install Sims 4 modules.’
- Paste the files in Documents > Electronics Arts > The Sims 4 > Tray after retrieving them. Files ending with .bpi, .blueprint or .trayitem is meant to be in the Tray folder only.
- Navigate to the gallery where you’d see an icon of photos in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click My Library where all your downloaded content is available.
If you’ve added custom lots as well, you should be aware of the customization while installing modifications.
- Select the ‘Advance option’ in the Gallery and choose ‘include custom content.’
- The lot can be placed anywhere in your game.
Script modifications modify and add variations to the core script of the game such as custom careers, animations/interaction. Modules such as McCommand Centre and WickedWhims are also known as script modules.
This is how you can install Sims 4 script mods –
- It is similar to the installation of other modifications, but the file type ends with .ts4script.
- Move them to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods folder. Your script modules should be enabled beforehand.
- Click on Menu; you’d come across three buttons, select the “Script Mods Allowed.” A warning would pop up, ignore that and click OK, add changes and restart the game.
Your script modifications would be functioning effectively after this.
Modifications are a vital part of your gaming experience as they bring in a lot of new and exciting changes. Therefore it is essential to know ‘how to add mods to Sims 4.’ Now that you know this step, why not practice it by downloading the baby shower mod.
Rachel Kaser is an English major who has an unparalleled ability to transform words into poetry! He is also a big e-sports enthusiast and spends his evenings honing his gaming skills. He combines his passions for writing and gaming to provide us with the perfect amalgamated piece of literary work.