One of the most popular brands of graphics cards is the GeForce Experience, prepared by NVIDIA. But when it comes to geforce experience preparing to install 2021, many people are left frustrated.
This is because whenever you try to update the driver, a message saying ‘Preparing for Installation’ appears on your screen. And this message is shown for more than 2-3 hours!
When you try to exit, you get a message informing you that the software is installing updates. There’s only a ‘Continue’ button, and you won’t be able to cancel the update installation. In short, you feel like there’s no way out!
But is there? Read more to find out how you can fix the issue of the screen showing that it is preparing for installation.
Fixes for GeForce experience stuck on preparing to install in 2021
Keep in mind that you should restart your computer before using any of the methods below. This helps to refresh your computer’s operating system.
It will also remove any corrupted data that might be temporarily on your PC.
Run GeForce experience as an administrator
This is the first method that many people use to solve the issue of geforce driver preparing to install forever.
While installing the GeForce software, you’ll get a prompt asking you to confirm whether you want to get the driver or not. But unless you enjoy the privileges of being an administrator, the installation process will stop, and you won’t get that prompt.
To use your administrator privileges, right-click the desktop shortcut of the GeForce driver. From the dropdown menu, select the ‘Run as administrator’ option. Then, try to get the graphics driver again.
If the issue still occurs, move on to the next method.
Reinstall the NVIDIA Driver
Another method you can use to fix this problem is to reinstall the driver after wiping off all traces of the NVIDIA driver from your PC.
- Press the ‘R’ key and the ‘Windows’ key together on your keyboard. This will open the ‘Run’ command.
- Type ‘appwiz.cpl’ in the Run box.
- Click ‘OK’. You can also press the ‘Enter’ key.
- On the ‘Programs and Features’ page, right-click the NVIDIA Graphics driver.
- Click on ‘Uninstall/ Change’ from the dropdown menu. Follow the instructions on your screen to uninstall it.
- Next, uninstall PhysX system, GeForce experience, Audio Driver, and any other NVIDIA software in the same way.
- Restart your PC.
- Remove all traces of NVIDIA files from your PC, if any, with the help of BleachBit or CCleaner.
- Install the NVIDIA drivers all over again, manually.
Fixes for GeForce game ready driver preparing to install forever
If you’re still facing the issue of the GeForce Experience installation process going on and on, try using the methods stated below. The problem might occur due to a software glitch.
Remember, you should follow these methods only after restarting your PC.
Force Windows Update to install the GeForce driver:
An way in which you can fix the problem of geforce experience preparing to install 2021 is by uninstalling the GeForce drivers from your PC.
Next, let Windows install the drivers after searching for them. To do this, follow the steps below:-
- Open the ‘Run’ command by pressing the ‘Windows’ and ‘R’ keys together.
- In the Run box, type ‘appwiz.cpl’.
- Hit ‘Enter’ or click on ‘OK’.
- Right-click the ‘NVIDIA Graphics Driver’ on the ‘Programs and Features’ page.
- From the dropdown menu that appears, select ‘Uninstall/ Change’.
- Uninstall the driver by following the instructions that are given on your screen.
- At the same time, uninstall PhysX system, GeForce experience, Audio Driver, and any other NVIDIA software.
- Restart your PC.
- In the Start menu, type ‘Check for Updates’ in the search bar.
- Select ‘Check for Updates’.
- If there are any updates available, get the NVIDIA drivers only after downloading and installing these updates.
Stop your antivirus from scanning in real-time:
The GeForce software installs updates by writing data to the computer registry. But sometimes, the strictness of your PC’s antivirus software might not let any registry changes take place in your computer.
If you find the geforce experience driver update stuck in 2021, try disabling the real-time scanning done by your PC’s antivirus software.
- Click on the Start button on your desktop.
- Go to ‘Settings’.
- Click on Update & Security> Windows Security> Virus & threat protection> Manage settings.
- Toggle off real-time antivirus protection.
- If you can’t find it, check the documentation of your antivirus software to see how to turn off its real-time protection.
Run the driver manually:
There might be a fault in the driver that has been downloaded. To fix this, manually download the driver.
- Press Ctrl+ Shift+ Esc to open the Windows Task Manager.
- From the Task Manager, shut down all the GeForce driver processes.
- Go to the official NVIDIA Driver Downloads page online.
- Download the latest driver that’s appropriate for your PC, based on your computer system. Select the appropriate Product, Product Type, Product Series, and Operating System, and then tap the ‘Search’ button.
- Once the driver is downloaded, double-click the file for installing it.
It is frustrating when you are forced to view the geforce experience preparing to install 2021 message on your screen for hours and hours. This is why you should use any of the above troubleshooting methods for fixing this issue.
If one method doesn’t work, skip on to the next one. But if, in a rare case, none of the above techniques are able to solve your problem, consider using the Reimage Repair Tool.
This tool scans your computer’s repositories to replace missing and corrupt files. You can download the tool here.
If the problem occurs due to corruption in your computer system, this method will work for sure.