Some applications are such a pain as they continually bug you with their faults. Such errors like discord java error can become annoying and frustrating. These pesky roadblocks will not irritate you further because we are here with some step-by-step guide to solve this problem for a lifetime.
We are here with some guidelines for you to follow and please help yourself with the most annoying error. The answers are as follows:
Delete the discord files in localappdata and AppData
- The given application continually stores data in the PC systems that are prominently causing the blocking and creating troubles for us and hence the steps below would tell you how to resolve this particular issue.
- Firstly, let us close the Discord app by right-clicking on the taskbar and selecting task manager. Now, locate the desired discord process and click on the “End task” or “End Process”.
- Now, right-click on the windows start menu icon that is present in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Then, you will notice an option called, “Run” so, click on it and type %appdata% in the space given and hit the Run button.
- Now, locate the Discord option and delete it from the list that is displayed on windows’ screen after doing the previous step.
- After that, let us return to the Run option, where you need to type %localappdata% in the space given and again hit the Run button.
- Again, locate the previously mentioned file and delete it from the list displayed on the screen.
- Now, relaunch the application and follow the guide provided by the installation wizard.
Make sure your antivirus software is not coming in between the installation
Now, let us see the basic guidelines to make sure that antivirus is not the reason for the glitches. We all know, antivirus differs from software-to-software, but here we would take Avast as an example.
- Firstly, open Avast by right-clicking on its icon and selecting its user interface, which is present in the list that displays on the screen.
- Now, once it opens then click on the “protection” section.
- After that, you must click on to the virus cheat option to the right of the screen, and there you will find all the quarantined files.
- Now, locate all discord files as they are easily accessible as they start with “discord_”.
- Then, click on the three dots that are visible while you hover over the files and now click on the option that you see on the list given called, “restore and add an exception”.
- Now, do the same process with each file.
- At last, restart discord application.
Let us now know how to add a discord setup executable to make sure that the installation process is completed without any files being quarantined. We would continue this procedure with Avast itself.
- Firstly, open the Avast application as we did earlier.
- Secondly, you must go to the top right corner of the app and select the settings option from the drop-down list displayed.
- Click on to the general section, which is at the left.
- From options available from the general section, select the “Exceptions” icon.
- Then, click on the “Add exception”, and now you must type or browse the folder where the discord installer is present.
- Now, hit on the add exception.
- The discord setup executable is ready to launch.
Uninstall and reinstall the discord application
- Our essential go to, to resolve any glitch is either switching off/on the systems or uninstall/reinstall the apps. Anyways, moving on to uninstall and reinstall the discord app might resolve the problematic situation. Remember, you must delete all the remaining files so that there is more space for the new installation process.
- If the above processes didn’t work out for you, then this procedure will surely do. Firstly, click on the windows icon and search for the control panel.
- After you enter the control panel, you will notice the “uninstall a program” option right below the “programs” icon.
- Now, search for the discord application in the displayed list.
- Delete the application and return to the windows icon, where you will find the “Run” option.
- Click on the “Run” option, then type %appdata% and hit the run button. Now, locate and delete the discord files.
- Again, return to the “Run” option, then type %localappdata% and hit the run icon. Locate and delete the discord files.
- Now, go to the official discord website to download the app and the executable file.
- After the executable file is downloaded, follow the guidelines provided by the installation wizard.
- Launch the app, and there would no longer be issues with it.
Frequently asked questions
Now, if you’ve been wanting to groove with your friends on music but don’t know how to play it through the mic on discord, then this article is for you!