ASUS motherboards have some pretty cool RGB features. With its Aura feature, you can personalize the RGB lights as per your choice. But many RGB gamers and other users report that asus aura has stopped working.
This app is connected with the motherboard controls, so there might be several reasons why it’s not working.
In this case, read on to find out how you can fix this issue quickly.
What is ASUS Aura Sync?
This app helps you control the motherboard, RGB fans, RGB RAMs, LED strips, and other RGB peripherals of your computer. If you don’t want your PC to light up, you can turn the LEDs off.
You can also set LED colors as well as various types of RGB LED effects with this app.
How can you use ASUS Aura software?
Once you open the app, you can see several RGB components, each of which you can select for connecting with the motherboard.
You can switch the LED lighting on and off by clicking on the ‘ON/ OFF’ button at the upper-right corner of the screen.
On the left pane, you can select any of the 12 lighting effects. If you want, these presets can be edited using meters that can control LED brightness, saturation, and the effect speed. To use these presets, click on ‘Apply’.
At the same time, gradients, color cycle orders, and reverse help you choose the LED colors. To reverse the direction of the color movement, select the Rainbow effect and click on the ‘Reverse’ button.
According to your computer’s performance and temperature, you can even change the colors of the lighting by using the Smart effect.
How to download aura sync
For aura service download, go to the official ASUS Aura website and download the latest version. If you can’t do so, select the version that’s compatible with your device, and then try downloading it.
How to install aura sync
To install aura service, follow these steps:-
- Unzip the ASUS Aura lighting control to open it.
- Open the ‘AXSP’ folder.
- In the folder, right-click each of the files.
- From the dropdown menu, select ‘Properties’.
- At the bottom of the window, check the box named ‘Unblock’.
- Click on ‘OK’.
- Install the file from ‘setup.exe’.
- Run the software as an administrator.
Possible issues related to the Aura app
You might be facing the following issues with this app:-
- Asus aura has stopped working:- Sometimes, after you open the app, it doesn’t work. Your antivirus software might block it as malware, or the CPU might over-perform for msmpeng.exe.
- The app doesn’t launch:- When you keep double-clicking Aura’s shortcut icon, asus aura won’t open. Even if you try opening it from the search bar in the Start Menu or running ASUS Aura as an administrator, there’s no result. This might be because you haven’t been able to install the software properly.
- ASUS Aura’s buttons don’t work:- In case you notice asus aura not detecting gpu or any other components with which it can sync, the buttons of the app might stop responding. This also happens when the software detects a default gateway error.
- The software can’t detect the RGB lighting of other software:- All the components need to be compatible with the software, so that it can sync with them. This is why you might notice some problems with the aura lighting control. For example, some of the components might stop glowing, or they might light up in a different manner.
- Asus aura not detecting motherboard:- Even if the components are compatible with the app, you might find that none of these can sync with it. This is because the software can’t detect your motherboard.
Why is Asus aura not working?
Some possible reasons why you’re unable to obtain the aura-enabled device information are given below:-
- Installation path:- You should keep the default installation path for the software. If you don’t, the software won’t load at all.
- The version of the software:- The version of the app that you’ve downloaded on your computer might not be compatible with your computer’s hardware. Always remember to check the compatibility before downloading the software.
- RGB strip not plugged in properly:- Check whether you have plugged in the RGB/ ARGB strip properly onto the motherboard. This can cause problems by not connecting your LEDs.
- Installation files:- The installation files of the app might get corrupted. At other times, you might not be able to use these files.
- Fast Startup:- Though this Windows feature helps in booting your computer quickly, it might clash with Aura. This might lead to rog aura core not working.
- Other lighting software issues:- The Corsair software and other such lighting apps might conflict with the Aura app and thus cause issues.
If aura service is currently unavailable, fix it
When you get notifications saying that the aura service doesn’t exist, use these methods to fix it:-
Check and reconnect RGB headers:
Mostly, there are two connectors that are connected to the RGB fan strips and the LED strips. You need to connect the RGB strips properly with the RGB headers so that the LEDs glow properly.
Turn off Windows Fast Startup:
- Tap ‘R’ and the ‘Windows’ keys together on your keyboard to open the Run box.
- Type ‘control panel’ in the dialog box.
- Press ‘Enter’.
- Select View by> Large icons.
- Select ‘Power Options’.
- On the left pane of the Power Options window, select ‘Choose what the power buttons do’.
- Click on ‘Change settings that are currently unavailable’.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen. In the ‘Shutdown settings’ section, uncheck the ‘Turn on fast startup (recommended)’ option.
- Restart your computer.
Uninstall other RGB software:
- Press the ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ on your keyboard at the same time.
- In the Run dialog box, type ‘appwiz.cpl’.
- Click on ‘OK’ or hit ‘Enter’.
- If there’s any extra lighting software installed in your PC, right-click that in the Application Manager.
- Select ‘Uninstall’.
- Restart your PC.
Reinstall ASUS Aura:
- From the Control Panel, right-click ASUS Aura and select ‘Uninstall’.
- Shut down your PC.
- Unplug all the power cables and peripherals from the CPU.
- Press and hold the power button for 25 seconds or so.
- Plug all the cables back in after waiting for 5 or 10 minutes.
- Restart the computer and visit the Aura official website.
- Download and install the latest version on your computer. Follow the on-screen instructions as given by the InstallShield Wizard. Don’t change the default installation folder on the PC.
- Once the installation process gets over, restart the PC and launch the software.
Many people find problems with the app. For example, you might notice that the asus aura has stopped working.
After reading this post you’ll be able to quickly resolve this issue. Before trying the above methods, make sure that your motherboard is working properly.
You should also log in as an administrator for fixing this problem.