The content below suggests the Sims 4 Asylum Challenge 2023. Want to know more? Then read the article further.
Table of Contents
Sims 4 Asylum Challenge
So, here the history repeated itself by bringing The Asylum Challenge in Sims 4. This competition was first brought by the Sims 2, where the rules were more straightforward than the ones, what will be in the latest instalment. As the name suggests, the challenge would get held in an Asylum with Sims 4 Asylum clothes. You would get forcefully admitted in a mental hospital for being insane, and nobody would believe that you are perfectly sane unless you prove it to them.
Now the question arises, “How would you prove them that you’re not mad?” The answer is that you have to complete some aspirations to make them believe you are mentally stable. You will be stuck with seven other mentally unstable patients, who are strangers to you and a living condition, which is not something that one would envy you for. The task would be easy, but with your existing circumstances, it might be a hell of a job. As we all know, “it’s easier than done”, and you will know why.
The Sims 4 will have similar gameplay and general instructions as of Sims 2 but with severe measures. To know about these difficulties and rules, continue reading.
How to get started with the Asylum challenge?
First of all, you must know the basic rules to get started with the challenge, and they are:
- Firstly, create a Young Adult Sim that should have some insane traits. As one must have at least three features, the other two could of your choice, only if they are not the Sims 4 asylum challenge cc traits.
- Secondly, make sure you don’t provide your player with any luxury like big mansions, wealth, lineage, and a big happy family.
- Now, you have to create the strangers that would live with you throughout. Again, strangers should be young adults with unusual traits. Make sure the seven strangers are not at all related to one another.
- Now, once you have created all the mad Sims now, you have to place them into an asylum. The Sims 4 insane asylum will allow you o build your own crazy house if you want. Also, if you don’t feel like making one, then you could also pre-download a mental hospital from the gallery by using #AsylumChallenge.
- Also, if you have decided on to build your asylum then remember that you have to follow specific rules depending on the difficulty level, you have set for yourself in the challenge.
Sims 4 Asylum challenge General Building rules
The following would be some of the general rules that one must abide before moving on to the dare. They are:
- You can use cheat codes while building an asylum.
- All the objects that you place inside the asylum should be of the cheapest value like counters, chairs, floors etc.
- You should not place any such items that might aggravate the emotions of the patients or that may cause a fire. The only exception you’re allowed to keep is a career reward.
- Always remember that you can’t change the initial construction of the mental hospital unless you want to upgrade items inside it from its money savings. Also, you cannot add extra items without getting rid of the old ones. You can update the pre-existing details but cannot add new ones.
- Last but not least, you can only add five skill-building elements. TV, computers, bookshelves, stoves, and mirrors are not skill-building elements.
Now, the points listed below will discuss the building rules according to the level of difficulty (Easy, medium, and difficult), which you have selected for yourself.
Asylum Challenge’s EASY mode building rules
Let’s get started with the Easy mode rules, which are as follows:
- You got granted to have two sinks, two showers or bathtubs, and two toilets.
- You are only allowed to have six spots for sleeping. If a bed has an area for two patients, then it would be counted as two-bed spots instead of one.
- You have only eight spots to sit, which includes all the loungers, chairs, and couches.
The Asylum Challenge’s MEDIUM mode of building rules
Now, the following would suggest the medium level building rules, and they are:
- You cannot take on TV and a computer at the same time in the asylum house.
- You can only have one toilet, one shower or a bathtub, and one sink.
- You are only allowed to have five spots of sleeping.
- Also, you have six spots of sitting, which includes all the chairs, lounges, and couches.
The Asylum Challenge’s DIFFICULT mode of building rules
Let’s discuss the difficulty level of constructing rules, and the points are:
- You’re only can access one toilet, one shower or bathtub, and one sink.
- One is allowed to have only four spots of sleeping.
- Also, four spots of sitting that include all the chairs, couches, and the loungers.
- This might be the only level, where you cannot purchase the upgraded goods even if the asylum has money savings. Although, you could buy updated items by your handiness skills.
Now, it’s time for some general gameplay rules on the dare.
Sims 4 Asylum Challenge Rules
The points listed below would be the general gameplay rules for the challenge. They are:
- Make sure you only play for yourself and not others even if their needs are less.
- Secondly, you should turn on the High Free Will so that the other Sims can play their game.
- No cheats or mods are granted to you while you perform the challenge.
- You’re not allowed to save things in your inventory that belongs to the mental institution. Also, you could check the other Sim’s inventories at 12 am, so they don’t save items.
- You cannot reposition the items in the mental hospital to control the patients’ activities or to save them for yourself.
- If a player dies, then you must keep their grave into the lot.
- You are responsible for your hard work and not others.
There are two types of expansion packs that are involved in the dare, and they are:
Outdoor retreat expansion pack:
- The Outdoor Enthusiast Aspiration got granted in this pack.
- If you want to fulfil your goals for the Outdoor Enthusiast Aspiration, then you could only travel to Granite Fall.
- All the patients, along with you would come to the campground and select that as your destination.
Get To Work expansion pack:
- In this pack, you will get granted to have alien patients.
- There would be no active careers granted.
- You cannot hold the responsibilities of a retail business.
- Also, if you found out that your fellow patient got abducted by aliens and returned being pregnant, then it would be your choice if you want to keep the baby or not. And if you did, then make sure you age up that baby into an Adult by using birthday cakes over and over again. Also, the baby must have insane traits.
Gameplay rules according to the difficulty level
The following would be the gameplay rules that got based on the level of difficulty, i.e., Easy, medium, and difficult that you choose for yourself.
- Start the challenge with $1000.
- You must complete two goals to fulfil the challenge.
- You and your fellow insane buddies could have careers, but theirs should be the one with the criminal background. So always remember you cannot level them up in their career paths.
- If one of the seven patients loses their jobs, they lose it completely.
- You got granted to have any career but make sure that it is related to the goal.
- You can order a pizza and hire a maid for help.
- You can leave the mental hospital for fishing and other things, whenever you want.
- You can meet your friends at their houses, or social communities between 9 am to 3 pm, and your seven patient mates will come along with you.
- You cannot delete the objects if a Sim dies, but the grave should remain in the hospital.
- You have to start with $500 in the challenge.
- You must complete three goals to fulfil the challenge.
- Only two of your insane patients could have jobs, but it has to be a criminal career path.
- You cannot hire maids or even order the pizza.
- You cannot leave the hospital between 7 am to 5 pm.
- You can see your friends in their places, or the social community centres between 9 am to 3 pm, but you have to take your fellow patients with you.
- Every time a player dies, you have to delete a seat until there remains only one.
- You must start the challenge with $100.
- Make sure you complete four goals to fulfil the dare.
- You are the only one in the lot who can have a job but only if your goals require you to have it.
- You’re again not permitted to hire maids or even order a pizza.
- You can leave the hospital between 12 am to 3 pm.
- You cannot travel to any other places unless your aspiration has it and that too between 6 pm to 9 pm. Also, you have to take your fellow mates along with you.
- Every time a Sim dies, you must make sure you delete one bed and one sitting until there remains one of each.
Did you know that mentally challenged people were earlier seen as witches or demons? Well, that’s not the case now. Therefore Sims 4 offers you a separate witch cc mod.
Rachel Kaser is an English major who has an unparalleled ability to transform words into poetry! He is also a big e-sports enthusiast and spends his evenings honing his gaming skills. He combines his passions for writing and gaming to provide us with the perfect amalgamated piece of literary work.