ASUS graphics cards, motherboards, and other high-end products are popular with thousands of people. But recently, there have been several reports about the asus keyboard backlight not working properly.
Sometimes, the asus keyboard light won’t turn on at all. At other times, you might not be able to change the colors or even adjust the brightness according to your convenience.
But how do you turn on backlit keyboard asus rog? And how can you fix it if the light doesn’t turn on? Read on to find out.
How to turn on keyboard light asus
Many people don’t know how to turn on keyboard light asus republic of gamers.
If you can find the asus rog keyboard backlight symbol on the keys of your model, then you can turn on backlit keyboard asus rog.
All you need to do is press the F4 and Fn keys at the same time. If you hold these two keys together, the brightness of the backlight will increase. To keep decreasing the backlight until it gets turned off, hold the F3 and Fn keys.
Why is the Asus keyboard backlight not working?
Take a look at these possible reasons why the light is not working on your system OS:-
- Hardware problems:- At times, there might not be proper synchronization between your computer’s operating system and ASUS. Check every part of hardware to resolve this issue.
- Error message:- The device you’re using might be showing error messages, which means that it’s in an error state. This is not unusual for Windows, so, you can fix this issue by restarting your computer.
- Installation not yet started:- Your hotkeys, including the laptop backlight hotkey, are all managed by a certain installation file. But if this file is not executed for installation in your PC, then the backlight will not work.
- Incompatible drivers:- If you don’t have the latest asus keyboard backlight driver installed, you won’t be able to access keyboard backlighting and other special features. It doesn’t matter if your keyboard is an external one or is attached to your laptop or PC. You need to check if the drivers are compatible with the keyboard or not before installing them.
Asus keyboard backlight not working windows 10? Fix it
Before using any of the methods below to fix the issue, enable Fn keys in the BIOS of your system. Ensure that your internet connection is running smoothly and that no cables are loose.
Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter:
- Press the ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ together to open the Run box.
- In the Run dialog box, type ‘control.exe’.
- Hit ‘Enter’ or click ‘OK’.
- Once the Control Panel is opened, select View by> Large icons at the upper-right side of the screen.
- Select the ‘Troubleshooting’ option.
- Tap ‘View all’ on the left pane.
- From the list of troubleshooting options available, click on ‘Hardware and Devices’.
- A new window pops up on the screen. Click on ‘Next’.
- Windows 10 will now scan your PC to see if there are any hardware issues. It will inform you once it finds any such issue. If it recommends any solution, click on ‘OK’.
- Restart your PC.
Manually reinstall the keyboard driver:
- Go to ASUS Download Center.
- Enter either the model name or the product type, product model, and other specifications like the OS.
- Find the drivers called ‘ATK’, ‘Hotfix, ‘Smart Gesture’, and ‘Touchpad/ Keyboard’.
- Select the ‘Download’ button for each of them.
- In the same order, right-click each backlight driver windows 10.
- From the dropdown menu, select the ‘Run as administrator’ for each of them.
- Once all these drivers are installed, restart the computer.
Perform a power cycle on your system:
- Shut down your PC.
- Unplug the power cable.
- Take out the battery.
- Keep pressing the power button for 6 seconds or so.
- After waiting for 2-3 minutes, put back the battery and plug the power cable back in.
- Start the PC to see if the issue is resolved.
- Open the File Explorer by pressing the ‘Windows’ and ‘E’ keys together.
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey. Basically, navigate to the folder where you’ve stored your program files.
- Double-click the ‘hcontrol.exe’ file for executing it.
People keep facing problems with the asus keyboard backlight, but after reading this post, you can quickly fix the light not turning on issue.
Use any of the above techniques to solve the problem in no time.